power options N/A in terminal services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power options N/A in terminal services

I have two windows 2000 servers running at remote locations. Both of these servers are running application mode ts. Both of them have ups batteries connected to them. I can only remotley administer these servers so configuring battery options is a no go. For some reason, power options is hidden when I have logged in with terminal services. Is there a work-around for this?

Re: power options N/A in terminal services

try to use mstsc /console and connect to this servers..
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Do you need a console session to be running at the server to be able to connect to the console session? If so, I have a problem with the fact that the server is in another province, and I am not. Do I need to call someone and have them log into the system local.

I tried using:

mstsc c:\vnb-ad.rdp /console

but did not work. Could I be doing it wrong.

Comment

Just run mstsc /console, insert the server, press on "Enter" button, provide user/pass and logon into the server.
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

no one has any clue?

Comment

Can you ping the server??

We access servers remotely from the UK all the time and all i do is use mstsc, input the correct address and away we go.

Comment

If you read the whole topic here, you will see that there is no problem connecting to the termainl server. Yes I can connect to the terminal server. Yes I can connect using the mstsc with console command. NO!! I cant configure power options while being connected to the terminal session. Anybody please help me with the problem I asked about instead of comenting on stuff that is not even related to the topic. Re: power options N/A in terminal services.

Comment

Have you checked the 'Permisson Compatability' to see what permissions you are getting??

I can't check it here because we don't use TS in application mode.

I have logge in via a remote session and CANNOT get the 'Power Options' tab.

Comment

No I haven't checked the "Permissions Compatability". I am not sure of what you are suggesting. I am logging in with administraor credentials. Could you please explain where to look for these permissions on my 2000 server. Thanks

Comment

I may be away on a different tangent with this m8. The setting on my server is set to be Windows 2000 User which, if i remember correctly, will set quite tight security settings. If you change this to NT4 then i think the security relaxes a bit and you may then have enough rights to run the correct option.

This option is set via the Terminal Services Configuration on the server.

If this doesn't work then we will need to find a way to allow you access to run powercfg.cpl which will start the correct panel.

Hope this helps

Comment

I checked my settings and found that I have chosen "permissions compatable with windows 2000 users". I have no experiences with enabling the nt4 permissions so I am wondering it will affect the users that currently relying on this terminal server. If you have any more idea's, I am open to them. It seems so stupid that I can do many other administrative tasks that have far more importance then the power options of the server. I can shutdown a server from ts session but heaven forbid, dont let me see the battery status\options!!

Comment

Originally posted by raylward102
                        I checked my settings and found that I have chosen "permissions compatable with windows 2000 users". I have no experiences with enabling the nt4 permissions so I am wondering it will affect the users that currently relying on this terminal server. If you have any more idea's, I am open to them. It seems so stupid that I can do many other administrative tasks that have far more importance then the power options of the server. I can shutdown a server from ts session but heaven forbid, dont let me see the battery status\options!!

Yeah it is strange why this option is missing. Have you tried to set teh setting for a while and try it??

I don't really use terminal servers for anything other than remote admin and i also have direct access to the server so anything i can't do i can get to the machine.

I'm trying to remember this from the books.

Comment

teh settings?

Comment

Originally posted by raylward102
                            teh settings?

Was meant to read the settings

Comment

Working...
                            X