Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Open Website from domain users

Hi,

In our network all the users using a domain connectivity; the query is if we are using a domain name (Example.com) and this domain name is belongs to website.

whenever anyone try to open a website it doesn't opens.

Re: Unable to Open Website from domain users

Do you mean the internal domain name (domain.com) is the same as your external domain name, so users cannot see the publicly hosted web site?

If so, all you need to do is add a DNS record for www (or whatever you use) pointing to the IP of the web site.

This is (IMHO) still a very good reason to use separate internal and external domain names.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes ; i added the entry.. it is working.

thank you !

but email ids of users on(domain.com) and we have a Ms-exchange i think it needs the same domain name! correct me if i am wrong...

Comment

No, you can have multiple address policies (accepted domains) in Exchange so there is no link needed between your public (email) domain and your internal one
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

I have more quires on same can I ask on this thread or I can open a new one!

Comment

If it is Exchange, please post a new thread in the correct Exchange forum

In general, better to post a new thread if it is a radically different question
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X