Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory W2000 Password Encryption

hi guys

like my other post we are working on a Windows 2000 Server SP4 using AD and a Web app is connecting to this W2000 AD for access verification and creating/updating users information.

But we found there is an inconsistency how the app encrypts password for users in AD and the way W200 AD natively does the same thing...for instance when a user is created in W2000 AD that user cannot access the web app but if the user is created in the web app itself that user can access....

We realized the way these two encrypt is different.... so my question is any documentation what is the string o what is the way W2000 AD manages/encrypts...anythinf related the way W2000 AD encrypts password when creating or updating users

thanks a lot

Re: Active Directory W2000 Password Encryption

I'm sure Microsoft want to keep some of their algorithms secret, but a quick suggests there is a lot of information out there:
    http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclie...w=1515&bih=970
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X