Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate code 8

Please help,

Our ssl exchange cert recently expired, we created a sel signed and went by this:https://webmail.bensherman.co.uk/exc...3-selfssl.html

and followed relevant instructions which worked for OWA.
    But we keep getting from certain people reported when outside the domain and using outlook 2010 or 2007 they getting error in the title.

This has happened since the certificate has expired and I have installed the certificate on the client system by going to the url and clicking on the key next to the url name in the OWA and installing the certificate that way on the client systems but it does not resolve the error when they open Outlook.

We have exchange 2003 with 2 exchange servers and 2 owa connected to them in different locations.
    We implemented the certificate change on both OWA's from the instructions from the url and on the client systems we have tried to install the certificate but with no luck.Internally Outlook works fine , but when they go home or connect to wifi and use outlook it doesnt.this doesn't seem to effect all users as we have only had reports from a handfull of users.

Any suggestions would be gratefull and if you need more info just shout.

Thanks

Re: there is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate code 8

people outside the domain will not be able to trust your self signed certificate.

It's going to cost you far more in support-hours to try and support a self-signed certificate, than to just buy one.
    Places like CertificatesforExchange (run by Sembee, who is a member here, and a Microsoft Exchange Most-Valued-Professional) sell them for as little as $70USD
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: there is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate code 8

I appreciate the reply,
      however this has been working in the past with self signed cert and we are not in a position to buy certificates.

Any input would be helpful in what to do next.

I have got the proxy error to dissapear by opening up a web browser and going to the OWA and clicking on the certificate and installing it in the trusted root certification authorities.

It now keeps asking for the users password when I open outlook 2010.
      Any ideas?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
      X