• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder quotas

Hi all,

I have this situation. Windows 2003 R2 with share:

\\server\users

in users folder, every user has got its own folder with permission only for its own. folders are created by logon script.

I need to set up quota for every user. I tryed to use File Server Resource Manager to define quota on D:\Users (\\server\users). limit 500MB hard, but it doesnt work per user. I think that all user can upload 500mb of files.

There is about 400 user folders, and setup for every folder will spend a lot of time.

How to do that correctly?
    Thanks

Caspi

Re: Folder quotas

Can you explain what you are wanting -- a 500 mb quota will mean each user can own up to 500mb of files so if this is what you are seeing, the quota is working
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

OMG its easy... Solved
      Thanks

Caspi

Comment

I just want to setu up quotas for subfolders. On each user folder 500Mb not only parrent. There is option how to apply quota i didnt see for the first time.
        Thanks

Caspi

Comment

Well done!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X