domain account cannot open Word

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain account cannot open Word

I have one domain account user that cannot open Microsoft Word. I think it may be a normal.dot file in the user's roaming profile... but I don't know where that is?

Thanks in advance.

Re: domain account cannot open Word

You do not specify which version of Word (or Windows) but for Word 2010 check:
    FILE -- OPTIONS -- ADVANCED -- Click File Locations Button

For Word XP (sorry, only other one I have available) check TOOLS--OPTIONS--FILE LOCATIONS

In both cases look for the User Templates location
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: domain account cannot open Word

That's exactly what I needed. (I have Office 2007 - the Office 2010 method appears to be the same.) I looked at the "File Locations," copied the file path, then pasted it in the run box. It happened to be:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Temp lates

And the Normal.dotm was in there. It deleted for the domain user without complaint. (I could only find Normal.dot while logged-in to the user's account, am not sure if there is a similar method to do this server-side.)

Thanks for the amazing help!

Comment

Working...
      X