Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding client name from user name

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement and have been trying to find a way to retrieve the client name from the username:

We are in the Cloud and are customers of a server farm that uses Citrix middle ware running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.

We do not have Admin access but have found we can do basic scripting, if we were to ask our vendors to do a seemingly simple script we will be charged a fee which my boss would not be too happy about.

Is there a way of parsing a username to a dos command in a script that would yield the computer name of the client connected to the server.

This is not as simple as it sounds, I have tried for the better part of day off and on primers on how to do this without success.

I would welcome your thoughts.

Re: Finding client name from user name

Can you give an example of the input data you have

Parsing a text string is not too difficult (IMHO PowerShell rather than DOS if you have it) but it is difficult to know exactly what you are after
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Thanks for your reply.
      ASPXH\Andy.Hayden which was obtained using PSLoggedon.exe from Sysinternals.

Regards,
      @

Comment

OK, I thought the computer name was part of this -- you would need to search event logs and find an entry which contains the client name matching the user name
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X