Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUS LOGS

Hi all,

I installed the sus two days ago( new servers with faster connections are enabling us to use sus), all work very well the other day, I created an OU,
    I had just one machine so I can see how it all works and it was greate, today nothing seems to work, all I did is to add more machine to the ou.

What can be wrong?
    Where can I find the log files.

Thank

Avi

SUS Logs

Win 2003
    X:\windows\system32\LogFiles

Win 2000
    X:\winnt\system32\LogFiles
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

log file

how can I tell which one are for the the sus server which are for the clients?

At the momet this location is the default for the internet logfiles?

Any ideas?

Comment

Re: log file

Originally posted by Avi
        how can I tell which one are for the the sus server which are for the clients?

At the momet this location is the default for the internet logfiles?

Any ideas?
        Yes that is correct - this is the default for logs in general, with exception to the event log.

These logs are for the server connection to windows update, and the clients connecting to the server. What is logged is dependent on what you've selected. Check at the top of the log it should give a summary/example of the log. It should be rather obvious - My SMS log is stored here as well (SUS is a slimmed down version of SMS typically used with SBS200x).
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

do you try to restart the SUS services on the server and on the pc

Comment

Working...
          X