Automatic Connect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Connect

I do not know whether it is possible for Win03 server to connect broadband Internet connection, Automatically whenever it starts.

Re: Automatic Connect

You can make the connection connect automatically on boot up. First create the connection and make sure it works by connecting once, then make a shortcut to it on your desktop. Next, edit the properties of the connection and remove the checks from the options tab for "Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc." and "Show progress while connecting".

Finally copy the shortcut to %homedrive%%homepath%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Now whenever you double click the connection under network connections or simply reboot your computer the connection will autoconnect without prompting.
    Last edited by ahinson; 11th December 2005, 03:10.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks 4 ur Reply, ahinson

But I want to it to conect without users to logon to server.inother word I turn on PC and after it Load win03 it automatically connects to broadband Internet .I have thought some think like services which starts automatically.

Comment

are you using ISA server or similar, set this to auto dial the connection when required, this way when it's first needed it will connect.

Then just set idle to never.

This will also sort out the issue of what happens when the connection is dropped mid way through use.

topper
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

thanks topper!

I am using ISA2004.any comment about the path where I can define PPPoe connection.

Comment

Would it not be easier to invest in a broadband router??

Comment

the ADSL modem is working on bridge mode.
              and I Use ISA to share it for my LAN users.

Comment

Configuration > General > Specify Dial up settings.

Something like that anyway, as far as I can remember!!

topper
                * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
                X