Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoring server 2003 doesnt detect client pc's

Hello,
    I recently configured Server 2003 Enterprise with all the services I need and backed it up using Acronis bootable disk to another Hard disk. Now everything was working fine for some days and unfortunately because of some problems with newly installed programs I had to restore Server OS back from the image I had created.

But after restoring, my Server OS doesn't detect the clients on the network and drives mapped using my server on client pcs don't work anymore . Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this problem? And also how can I avoid such problems in future? Is there any special way to take backup of Server/Client operating systems which are configured on the network under domain environment? Any link or guides would be really helpful.

Thanks

Re: restoring server 2003 doesnt detect client pc's

This won't help this problem, but what version of Acronis did you use?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am using Acronis True image v8.0 for backing up Server.. Is there any special software used for backing Server operating systems? and regarding my problem, what if i reset the client pc from AD and join the domain again? i didnt try yet.. but will this work???

Comment

Originally posted by g_srinivas
        I am using Acronis True image v8.0 for backing up Server.. Is there any special software used for backing Server operating systems? and regarding my problem, what if i reset the client pc from AD and join the domain again? i didnt try yet.. but will this work???
        It can't hurt to try.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

yes it worked.. great!!!

Comment

Excellent. I'm glad it turned out to be such an easy solution.
            Last edited by ahinson; 6th December 2005, 21:40.
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X