Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows time

Hi,
    We have a Server 2003R2 that is setup with (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin..
    The thing is that every time we reboot this server it changes clock one hour forward. The "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving is not checked. Someone any ideas?
    /R

Re: Windows time

How many servers do you have running? If you have multiple servers in your domain/forest one of them is the PDC and is responsible for the time across the domain. If it is an hour ahead of the other (i.e. at a different site) then you would see a time problem. However it wouldn't only happen at reboot, it would happen whenever your servers synced.
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

Have you checked the BIOS time?

Comment

I could be wrong but isn't France GMT +1? (I'm looking at your location info)

If it's a domain environment, check to make sure you PDC Emulator has the correct time (and has the correct time zone).
        If all the other servers are configured with timezone GMT+1 then configure this server with GMT+1 and the problem will go away.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I agreed with Jeremy. I percieved time sync has always been pain in neck. Besides checking your PDC you also need to check your BIOS as well. I will also suggest that if u hosting your server on VMware, you also need to check time of VMware host. I noticed that time problem occur during restart when your vmwre host time is different from virtual server hosted on it. Also ensure that PDC is synching with external time server has accurate time

Comment

Yes you are right. The clock on the Esx server differs 1 hour. So i need to correct this. Any syntax on how to change the clock? Or how to set it up to synchronize with our external timeprovider (switch) ?

Comment

Here you go:
              http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mic...xternalId=1436
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X