Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade To 2008 from 2003

Hello

running xen server with 2 vm on windows 2003 standard (sp2) I would like to upgrade the server to windows 2008 standard is this poss? I follow the upgrade path the install say 100% then just won't boot? They a bios setiing i need to change the windows server 32bit

regards

Re: Upgrade To 2008 from 2003

Are you trying to upgrade to 32 bit Windows 2008? I am not a fan of in-place upgrades but you can only upgrade to a 32 bit OS if you currently have 32 bit installed and the same applying for 64 bit. 64 bit OS upgrade to a 64 bit version.

Your Standard upgrade to Standard is ok.

Comment

Hi

That would i thought 32bit windows server 2008 32bit standard. Someone mention about changing a bios setting on the 32bit. I think i retry looking at the compablity list errors

regards

Comment

Nope

still blue of death

the windows server is running Wsus on c and D drive. Also running sophos

that all

Comment

Have you disabled Sophos prior to starting the upgrade? Are you able to migrate to a new server rather than upgrade?

Comment

hi,

yeap disable sophos, I have 4 windows server 2003 to upgrade I thought The wsus would be the easy, back to the drawing board

Cheers anyway

Comment

No probs and good luck. Feel free to post anything else back or if you need further advice. Of course do the usual Event log checks and I would have thought that there would be one, which shows an upgrade report as well.

Comment

what does the actual BSOD saying ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X