Administrator Account Loked Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator Account Loked Out

Our Domain Administrator account (Windown 2003 Sp2)is constantly locked out, but I can still log on with that account. If I unlock the account and get right back into the properties, it's locked out again. How can I find that system which is send bad request to domain?

Re: Administrator Account Loked Out

Account Lockout Status Tool:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=15201

IIRC "The Administrator" should not be lockable
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Administrator Account Loked Out

Originally posted by daslaniyamahendra View Post
      Our Domain Administrator account (Windown 2003 Sp2)is constantly locked out, but I can still log on with that account. If I unlock the account and get right back into the properties, it's locked out again. How can I find that system which is send bad request to domain?
      Your administrator account cannot be locked out hence the reason why your still able to access the account.

You will need to try and determine if there is a service, scheduled task that is running that is creating these logon attempts.

Enable auditing and specify failed logon attempts and that should hopefully help.

Comment

Working...
      X