Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminal Services Licensing problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terminal Services Licensing problem

    I have a Windows 2003 server setup to run as a Terminal Services server. Right now it shows that I have 5 cals for per user and 5 cals for per device installed, however it only allows for two concurrent connections.

    http://ge.tt/9jnQb1E?c


    If more than two people log in it gives the error that the maximum number of connections has been reached. Please let me know what I can do to rectify this problem. I'm not sure where to start.

    Thanks,

    Brian
    Last edited by Vuotto; 23rd February 2012, 16:53. Reason: added link to screenshot

  • #2
    Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

    It sounds to me like the Terminal Services role is not actually installed. If you go to Administrative Tools> Manage Your Server, does it show the TS role as being installed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

      I attached a screen shot here. This is the strange thing, the Terminal Server Service is installed and it's showing my licenses but still it won't let me have more than two connections.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

        Is the TS ROLE installed? (not the same as the SERVICE)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

          Thank you, I didn't realize you could have one without the other. I'm installing the role now.

          Brian

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Terminal Services Licensing problem

            Its working now. I think what happened was when I originally installed the Role I did not configure the Licensing server right away. Then because I did not configure that right away it dropped the Role.


            Thanks again for your help.

            Comment

            Working...
            X