Disk Space Usage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Space Usage

I have a mystery and Iím wondering if anyone can help me solve it. I have a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 server, it runs AD, DNS, file sharing and Backup Exec. Every morning at 4:20 the C: fills up to less than 5% capacity remaining for about 5 minutes and then returns to normal and I canít figure out why, Iím worried itís going to crash my server. Normally I have about 60% free on the C:. The event viewer shows nothing happening at that time except the warning from EventSentry.No scheduled tasks or backups run anywhere near that time. Shadow Copy is only enabled on the E: and it runs at 7AM and 12PM and stores its copies on the E:. There is no page file on the C: Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or know of any software that could show me what the drive looks like at 4:20AM?

Re: Disk Space Usage

what applications live on this server?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Are you backing up remote servers???

Which folders are filling, my guess is that your backup exec jobs are running and using the temp folder for storage while backing up remote servers.

Comment

Problem was related to a disk error. Dskchk /F resolved it.

Comment

Working...
        X