Defining Login server for users...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining Login server for users...

I know how to find what server a user has used for logging in, what I am curious about is, is there a way to define a login server for a user. So when the user logins in he/she will always have the same login server?

Thanks

CW
    "This comment is composed of 100% recycled spam"

Re: Defining Login server for users...

not sure if that is possible,

but if there is, you should really consider the cons of this action.

if you do.

1. you loose redudancy in login servers. one of the selling points of windows AD was that it worked as a group for authentication. The user has one entry point but to multiple servers to authenticate.

2. you loose flexibility. Bringing down one of the dc (not a gc atleast) for maintenance, will not stop your users from logging into the domain, which is why you have the other dc's for.

3. if the user gets stuck on one login server, you could tax that dc heavily while the other ones don't get utilitzed as much.

imho, its not worth implementing..but you may have other valid reasons to otherwise.

just my 2 cents.

Comment

Re: Defining Login server for users...

Hi roguecoolman,

While all your points are valid and resonable, I would still like to do it at least as a temporary measure for some dubugging reasons as well as just plain curiousness, any thoughts on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

CW
      "This comment is composed of 100% recycled spam"

Comment

Working...
      X