Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003 no network access

Hi

Ive got a Windows 2003 Server which has recently had an virus infection. Ive now removed the virus but the box now disappers off the network round about the same time the logon prompt is display.

If I start the box up in safe mode with network access, its fine so looks like the anti virus product has corrupted the ip config some how.

Whats the best way to restore normal network access to server?

What Ive done so far
    Removed Antivirus
    netsh the ipstack and winsock
    Disabled the firewall
    Tried 2nd Network Card

Any ideas?

D

Re: Windows Server 2003 no network access

IMHO consider a format and reinstall to be absolutely sure it is not infected or hass left any other anomalies....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows Server 2003 no network access

I know you have said that you disabled your firewall, but it may be better to uninstall it and try again. I've had issues with a 3rd party firewall on a Win7 machine not allowing network traffic. Disabling the firewall made no difference. Uninstalling it did. I then reinstalled the firewall and reconfigured it from scratch.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X