Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demoting first windows 2000 domain controller

Folks,

I am going to be demoting our last Windows 2000 DC (Which was also the first DC in the forest.

The 2 new 2003 DC's have been running AD, DNS and DHCP fine for the last month or so.

I have transfered all 5 FSMO roles from the 2000 box and also the licensing roles to one of the 2003 boxes. DHCP has been migrated off the box and split between the 2 2003 boxes.

All I need to do is demote the 2000 box and change the DNS to point to the 2 new 2003 DNS servers and disable / uninstall DHCP and DNS.

The 2000 box is a also a file and print server.

Can you think of anything I might have missed?

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Demoting first windows 2000 domain controller

I have demoted the server and everthing seems fine. The only problem we have is that I forgot that the server also the Terminal Server License Server.

I have installed the LIcense server on our 2003 ADS but need to migrate the licenses off the old server onto the new one and then active the server - Anyone know where the license files are kept in windows 2000 server?

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X