Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003 "Log On To:" field blank

Hi

Today I experienced some HDD troubles, that's now been resolved (I think it was a loose connector or something), but I also noticed that when I go to the physical log-on screen (using a real keyboard and monitor) the "Log on to:" field on the logon screen is blank and disabled.

But when I connect to the Console Session over Terminal Services (with the "/console" switch) or just any normal TermServ session then the "log on to:" box is populated.

Why is this?

Re: Windows Server 2003 "Log On To:" field blank

This is awfully strange. Have you tried pre-entering your creditials / domain into the RDP client before connecting?

If not give it a shot.
    Attached Files
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Err, its the other way around:

See what I mean?

Comment

I see what you mean. Here is a little known feature of the logon screen.

You can enter "domain\username" in the user name field to logon. (Usually when the UPN is entered in this way the domain field is automatically disabled)

Give that a try to logon and let me know what happens.
        Are you seeing any weird entries in the Event Viewer?
        What is this server's role?
        If its not the DC try to leave and rejoin the domain.

Meanwhile I'll keep an eye out for a more permanant solution.
        Last edited by ahinson; 29th November 2005, 15:24.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X