win2003 server PASSWORD POLICY?sos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2003 server PASSWORD POLICY?sos

hello,in my computer ,i installed a win2003 server including DNS, AD Service,
    however,when i add a new user in the domain server, it told me that"password can't be updates",i saw my password policy ,the password policy isn;t be config. can you help me ?
    thanks!

have slolved the password policy that can't be changed

i have solved the problem ,
    start--> control panel--> management tools..>domain security policy..>security config..>account policy..>password policy
    set the first item fobidden.
    thanks

Comment

Re: win2003 server PASSWORD POLICY?sos

Did you set the account properties to disallow password change?
      Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

You got that error when created a new account or when tried to reset user password ? If you got an error when creating user account and not yet modified password policy for the domain you must use a password that matched windows 2003 complexity (you will get a popup windows when the password you're creating is not match required condition), if you do not want to use a complex password jsut change the password policy. then if you got an error when tried to reset user password, make sure if you're log on using a user which hold a proper right. hope this answer your question.

Comment

Re: have slolved the password policy that can't be changed

Thank you for posting back the solution to your problem, but please, please, please, use the REPLY button on the original thread so the solution post is kept with the question.

Your answer above means nothing because we have no idea what the question was.

Thanks.
          Last edited by biggles77; 22nd November 2005, 14:17.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

(black magic of merging the threads)
            Guy Teverovsky
            "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
            X