Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install software without needed to remote login to that computer

Dear all,

Is there any way because we are using a domain server where all pcs are connected through domain. Some teachers need to get a java software installed but they always are working on their pcs and if i remote control via windows remote it sings them off is tehre any way to install a software without need to remote login to the pc? I am superadministrator and i have accesss to everything is any way how to deploy a software via a command or any software?
    Thanks

Re: how to install software without needed to remote login to that computer

If it is in an MSI file you can deploy it through Group Policy
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Some reading for you. http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=ps...w=1366&bih=572 Sun is a bit of a pain by not supplying an MSI for download. Instructions from sites at the above link will give you the appropriate instruction on how to get the Java MSI.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

you can create a script and deploy it through GPO or you can use PSEXEC.EXE and deploy it from your desktop. Here's an example of one I use:

Set /p CompName=Enter the name of the computer you would like to install VLC on:

psexec \\%CompName% -u DOMAIN\USERNAME -p PASSWORD -c -f \\Server\FOLDER\FILE.EXE /L=1033 /S /NCRC

hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X