Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding the Domain Controller IP Address Change and converting to Additional Domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the Domain Controller IP Address Change and converting to Additional Domain

Hello All,

We have 3 offices and in all the 3 Offices we have 3 Different Domain Controllers.
    1. IP Address: 192.192.0.10
    2. IP Address: 200.200.200.2
    3. IP Address: 192.168.2.10

Apart from this we have SAP LAN Separately. i.e. 192.168.1.4

Recently we have took Leased Line connection and we converted all three units through Point to Point.

Now my question is how we convert the Domain Controller of 2 Units into Additional Domain Controller and how to change the IP Address of it? Is it possible to do the conversion without formating the system?

For example if we will use 192.192.0.1 is the main Domain and other 2 units will be additional Domain Controller.

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

Re: Regarding the Domain Controller IP Address Change and converting to Additional Do

OK, so you have 3 separate AD domains yuo want to change into one
    How many users do you have at each site?

Essentially you need to use ADMT (AD Migration Tools) to move machines and users to the one domain. IIRC your DCs will need demotion, joining to single domain and promotion, but someone may tell you otherwise
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Regarding the Domain Controller IP Address Change and converting to Additional Do

Main Office we have nearly 65 Systems, 2nd Office we have 25 Systems, 3rd with 15 Systems.

Yes As you specified I need to Make all 3Domains into 1.

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Lokesh Kamath

Comment

As said above, do some research into ADMT
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X