Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove user must change password for bulk users

I am using RSAT in AD 2003.
    Need to remove USER MUST CHANGE PASSWORD and replace by password never expire.

When select few users see properties- account, there is an option Password never expire. But what to do with assigned USER MUST CHANGE Password.
    It's not allow to apply Pass never exp.

t18952,You cannot select both 'User must change password at next logon' and 'Password never expires' for the same user.
    t18953,You cannot select both 'User must change password at next logon' and 'Password never expires' for the same user.
    t18954,You cannot select both 'User must change password at next logon' and 'Password never expires' for the same user.
    t18955,You cannot select both 'User must change password at next logon' and 'Password never expires' for the same user.
    t18956,You cannot select both 'User must change password at next logon' and 'Password never expires' for the same user.

See the screenshot.

When click active box another one becomes active. Boxes collons are not identified. Probably allow and deny.
    But I cannot figure out how to manipulate with this in order to disable Must Change Password and set Never Expired.
    May be it's not doable at all or it's me ....

Thx.
    Attached Files
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: Remove user must change password for bulk users

When you select the properties you want to change you need to select Usermust change password at next logon and User cannot change password but leave the second checkbox unselected for User cannot change password. The first checkbox is to indicate you want to modify the property and the next checkbox is the actual setting you want to give the property. See screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	AD_userProperties.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	464912
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Jeremy,

I am a bit confused with this settings, but it doesn't matter as soon, as it will do a trick
      from your screenshot you basically saying "I confirm: User must change password (that is a current setting)"

And the second command is : " I want to modify: User cannot modify the password" but not apply it.

Sure, I will try it tomorrow and will be happy if it will work. If you have a moment plz translate what you declare to happen with checkmarks in proposed setting. I clearly understand what you saying here : The first checkbox is to indicate you want to modify the property and the next checkbox is the actual setting you want to give the property. But not the real checkmarks.

Thanks.
      Last edited by mla; 19th September 2011, 23:05.
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Do it in two steps:
        Remove "Must CHange Password" and apply
        Enable "Never Expires" and apply
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

TA DA !!!!
          Thanks Ossian.

Now I really understand.
          Tried to do in two steps as suggested by Ossian and before doing it I was sure that it will do a trick in one shot.

Finally applied for all in one shot.

Jeremy,
          sorry... your example was confusing and surely not working.
          But your idea encouraged me

1. Must Change was initially applied.
          2. By checking first box for M C I basically say Remove this setting.
          3. For Never Expires. First box says "Be ready" and second "Go"

Comment

Working...
          X