• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different DHCP Scopes

hi guys

I have AD-DNS-DHCP Server on VLAN25 - 10.6.25.x
    and I have my Win7 in VLAN26 - 10.6.26.x

now I need my WIn7 Clients to get IPs from a DHCP scope 10.6.26.2-10.6.26.100

right now the server provides or have a DHCP Scope on for VLAN 25 and releases IPs for VLAN25 now do I have to do something special If I create a new scope for VLAN 26?

Or I just create another Scope for VLAN26 and routing will do the rest?

I was reading about to configure the IP Helper on Cisco Routers...if that is configured it's all that is needed? I mean just create a new Scope on VLAN26 and my clients on VLAN26 will request IP on that scope?

thanks a lot
    Last edited by kopper; 25th August 2011, 20:33.

Re: Different DHCP Scopes

You will need to have an IP Helper address defined on your switch that will direct DHCP requests to the relevant server. You will also need to have an IP address on the VLAN, we use .254 as the gateway.

On the DHCP server you will need to create a new scope for the clients that is in the 26 range.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      You will need to have an IP Helper address defined on your switch that will direct DHCP requests to the relevant server. You will also need to have an IP address on the VLAN, we use .254 as the gateway.

you mean the gateway for the VLAN26 or Win7 clients will have to be something like

10.6.25.254?
      or
      10.6.26.254?

I know that is your setup but I just wan to know how this gateway has to be setup

thanks a lot

Comment

If you want them to be able to route between VLANs then they will need a gateway.

Comment

Working...
        X