Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active directory make program to autostart on all users

Hey all
    I am working for a company that has more then 300 users. And i have tested a software Outlook AutoConfig which works very well and i wanted to create a rule in my Active directory so that every user when they login the first time the Active directory will automaticly open this file and so that everyone will have to setup this software and they outlook 2007 will be autoconfigured with a fast way so i dont have to do it on all computers.
    Can anyone teach me how to do this with my Server 2003 active directory?

Re: Active directory make program to autostart on all users

it sounds like you may benefit from putting relevant script into your logon script.

The other option would be to use Exchange 2007/2010 - which automatically configures (more or less) outlook for you - basically a user should only need to click next,next,next
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Well im a beginner for real. But i guess there must be a way to make a trick with my Active directory from my domain controller server which would automaticly start the program for all domain users so they dont have to press anything...
      Is there any way to do it?

Comment

Create a logon script and assign it to all users via group policy
        The script should:
        Check if an outlook profile exists
        If not, read user details from AD then call the autoconfig program and run it

What version of Exchange are you using?
        Do you have a more experienced IT admin you can get advice from?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X