• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall for AD-DHCP

hi guys

I have to VLANs
    VLANs 25 y VLAN 26

VLAN 25 has the Active Directory - DNS and DHCP now I will have all my client Windows 7 computers on VLAN 26

I want to know which ports I should open to get Dynamic IPs for my Win 7 (DHCP), and how to get DNS and Active Directory Stuff?

You might say why tw0 VLANs but my company requires it like that

by the way how can I my DHCP Server to provide IPs in the VLAN 26?

thanks a lot
    Last edited by kopper; 19th August 2011, 22:48.

Re: Firewall for AD-DHCP

Depending on the router add the IP helper address on the VLAN 26 interface and it will forward the request to the DHCP server.

I'm presuming both sides have different IP addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Depending on the router add the IP helper address on the VLAN 26 interface and it will forward the request to the DHCP server.

I'm presuming both sides have different IP addresses.

yeah I forgot to to that

yeah VLAN 25 is 192.168.25.x and VLAN26 is 192.168.26.x

that's cool about DHCP and what about DNS - LDAP I mean Active Directory service ports required?

Comment

Originally posted by kopper View Post
        yeah I forgot to to that

yeah VLAN 25 is 192.168.25.x and VLAN26 is 192.168.26.x

that's cool about DHCP and what about DNS - LDAP I mean Active Directory service ports required?
        I would assume that the VLAN's would have access for any traffic and as such would not require any ports opened.

Where are your VLAN's configured?? Again assumption for me would say that it is a layer 3 switch and as such you have traffic flowing between them via trunk ports.

Can you please give us your setup and what the switches are then we can help a bit further.

We currently have our system setup with around a dozen VLAN's and only 3 VLAN's pass traffic to each other, these are our core VLAN's for the office and others are used for things like our DMZ, Wireless access points for guests etc, etc, etc.

***EDIT***

Some light reading for you

http://archive.networknewz.com/netwo...ontoVLANs.html

Enjoy
        Last edited by wullieb1; 20th August 2011, 10:40. Reason: Added link for VLAN's

Comment

this is the environment I am working

VLANs 25 and 25 do not have any type of traffic allowed

now I need to open some ports for a project, that's why you see some ports in the picture but since I have AD in VLAN 25 and I will be having some XP - Win 7 desktops on VLAN26 I'm going to need for these desktops to have to get DHCP - DNS and AD services from VLAN25

yeah my vlans are in a LAyer 3 devices

Comment

Working...
          X