Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUI for Office 2003 SP2

OK,

Until today I used my used original Office 2003 CD to install the Office program and then used the MUI CD to change the UI to Hebrew.

Today, I used Daniel's great and updated Office 2003 SP2 slipstreaming guide and just produced my own original Office 2003 SP2 CD.

Now, here comes the big question. According to Microsoft Israel there is a package called "MUI for Office 2003 SP2". Before I double click any file, I'd like to be sure I'm doing the right step.

Did I understand correctly that after creating my Office 2003 SP2 CD my original MUI CD is no longer useable and I should instead download and install the MUI version for Office 2003 SP2? or should I still use my original MUI CD and then double click and install the update package?

Hope someone can help out
    Itai.

Re: MUI for Office 2003 SP2

The service pack for Hebrew MUI.
    You can create integrated installation path with MUI and service pack in it.

Regards,

Yuval
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

1) I already have a slipstreamed Office 2003 SP2 CD. Can I slipstream the MUI onto it? or did I have to do it while slipstreaming my original Office 2003 with SP2?

2) Is there a guide in this website on to how slipstream MUI onto a Office 2003 CD?

Thanks,
      Itai.

Comment

OK, from searchinf a bit in the website I went across this page: http://www.petri.com/office_xp_sp3_info.htm. From this article I understand that:

1) I have to slipstream SP2 with my original Office 2003 and Install Office 2003 SP2.
        2) Use the original Office 2003 MUI CD to change the UI to Hebrew [in this case].
        3) Install the file called MUI for Office 2003 SP2 [a 8mb/15mb file from Microsoft website].

Am I correct? or should I just skip step 2 and go directly from step 1 to step 3?

Also, Is it possible to slipstream the MUI for Office 2003 SP2 to the original MUI CD? - I couldn't find an article about it in Petri's website.

Thanks again,
        Itai.

Comment

If anyone wants to know:

I used my original MUI CD and then went to Office Update site to install SP2 for MUI. So, if anyone else get to the same situation, this is how I sorted it out.
          Last edited by americium; 13th February 2006, 23:48.

Comment

Thanks for posting back with your solution and well done on figuring it out!! Someone will find this useful in the future.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X