Confirm That Systems Are Removed As Domain Controllers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirm That Systems Are Removed As Domain Controllers

I have migrated two new systems into our domain as domain controllers. I have transferred the FSMO roles to one of the new systems. I have also moved DHCP and DNS to the new systems. I have let the systems run for several weeks with no issues. I then have demoted the older systems to just member servers. I have also removed DHCP and DNS from the older systems.
    I ran REPLMON and when I went to add a monitor server\search the directory for the server to add I see under Default First Site Name the two domain controllers that I removed and made member servers. I have also noticed in Active Directory Sites and Services I see the same two systems that were domain controllers that are now member servers. When I click on either two of the old Domain Controllers in Active Directory Sites and Services there is nothing listed in them? The Domain Controllers list NTDS Settings.
    Can I delete the old retired Domain Controllers that are listed in Active Directory Sites and Services? Is that why I see them in REPLMON?

Is there away to check the domain to be sure these retired systems are not still acting in some way as Domain Controllers?

Thanks...

Re: Confirm That Systems Are Removed As Domain Controllers

ntdsutil, research metadata cleanup
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X