Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2003 logon problem

Hi all,

I have a server for work (windows server 2003) and i uninstall active directory and dns,(restart),

then install again them . therefore changed the domain name of the computer, after rebooting has

was not able to log in with the username and password that I had.

at the other hand, i work to submit in local administrator user password, like

62.212.**.**\administrator and pass. but i wasn't success again.

only one domain in server. i cannot logon with administrator pass. on the other hand i cannat logon with local administrator pass,too.

User Name: Administrator
    Password: *******
    Log on to: MyDomainName

i meet this error.

only one domain in server. i cannot logon with administrator pass. on the other hand i cannat logon with local administrator pass,too.

How can i log in now?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Win 2003 logon problem

error message:

the system could not log you on. make sure your user name and domain are correct then type your password again. letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.

Comment

Re: Win 2003 logon problem

If you removed AD from this server then the Admin password you need to use is the one you supplied when installed AD (recovery password)

The original admin password you used when you had AD installed, no longer exists (gone with AD), so use the recovery password you set.

If you still have no luck, look in the Forgotten password forum for ideas on how to recover\reset this password.

Topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
      X