Delegating Rights in Server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegating Rights in Server 2003

Hello all, I need some assistance in delegating rights for printer management in Server 2003. I added the user's account to the Power Users/Print Operators groups, and confirmed that when the user logged into the server they were able to modify printer queues. However I need the user to be able to do this without logging into the server. The server is on the same network as the user, and in the same domain. Is there a setting that allows the user to do this via \\servername\printers and faxes? Any help is appreciate, thank you.

Re: Delegating Rights in Server 2003

have you tried?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I am able to do it with my account remotely. However if I have him try he is unable to.

For instance, if I go to \\servername I will see "Printers and Faxes" which I can click and then access the Print server properties. When he goes to \\servername, he does not have "Printers and Faxes".

Comment

it should just work.

what happens if you try and connect directly to the printer as the user,
        ie\\server\Printer1
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

That's what I thought as well. If the user goes to \\servername\printers and faxes, he gets his LOCALLY installed printers.

If he goes to \\servername\printer, he can view the printer object. Not where he can see/edit properties, but the object to where it shoes that it is a printer.

Comment

Using administrator user, try to add the user/group to the concerned printer security properties and then check it again.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I am a domain admin, and put my helpdesk user into the Power Users group. I did verify that this group does have access to manage the printer queues. If I give him RDP access, he is able to login and manage the queues. However if he accesses them remotely via a share or whatnot, he is unable to.

Comment

Working...
              X