Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLB issue with webserver

Hey everyone,

It's been quite some time since I've posted on the forums but I hope to become a regular member now.

I have the following scenario:

40 users logging in to TS

From TS, they access a NLB cluster by name (or even by IP address) which points to 2 identical web servers runnning the same program. This program is web based and they need to log in and click and open things etc. If they log directly onto 1 of the 2 servers ( either 10.0.0.17 or 10.0.0.18 ) they are fine, but if they log onto the cluster (10.0.0.19) it keeps kicking them out. Most likely because they log in to the program ( and behind the scenes it sends the request to .18 ) and then when they click something the cluster sends that request to .17 which spits back a login screen because they are not logged in to that server.

I have it set up as follows:

Port 80 - Filtering mode is "Multiple" and Affinity is "None" (Because, I think, if Affinity would be set to "Single", since all the http requests are coming from the TS which is one IP address, it sends everyone to one of the servers in the cluster). Load weight is equal, and when I check performance monitors it seems to be working ok, that one server has 19 connections and the other has 17.

Another thing you might need to know is I have it set up as multicast and not unicast.

So how can I get the load balancer to differentiate between "users" logged in to the TS and send them to different servers but keep the same server throughout the whole session?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: NLB issue with webserver

your web application needs what, iirc, is called SessionState.

dynamic web-based apps get confused when in a cluster, if a request comes through one node, then another..

It's more to do with the application (I assume, dotnet) than with the nlb cluster
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      your web application needs what, iirc, is called SessionState.

dynamic web-based apps get confused when in a cluster, if a request comes through one node, then another..

It's more to do with the application (I assume, dotnet) than with the nlb cluster
      Thank you. The software support indeed needed to make some changes in their sessionstate settings and then it started working properly.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

awesome.... I'm really pleased I could remember that, and that it was righ t
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X