No announcement yet.

RPC error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC error

Hi ,

We are using Windows Server 2003 Sp2 on Dell Insipron T110 . Now We are getting error ni application log as mentioned

windows cannot determine the user or computer name rpc server is unavailable

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1053
    Date: 6/10/2011
    Time: 8:54:54 AM
    Computer: SERVER04
    Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The RPC server is unavailable. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

This error logs continuosly after every 5 mins and suddenly server gots hangs up and we must have to restart it physically .

We are having a only one domain controller , AD is installed . One NIC card is there and IP Config is as mentioned below.

LOCAL IP ( Router IP )

Yesterday we were getting this error

windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for gpo server 2003 Even ID 1058

I have taken this steps to resolve it...;en-us;314494

Now even 1058 is stop coming but the error is change to event 1053...

So where the issue is...

Please help me to resolve it ...

Re: RPC error

Hi ,

If i remove the current Group policy from windows server 2003 and install fresh one without making any changes inside it ...will my error get resolved...

Please help...

Hi ,

I run dcdiag , netdiag and gptool but found no errors inside. Now one more problem start , e.g after a screen saver comes when i try to unlock the server it asks for password to unlock the server , i am giving the correct password but its not taking password...i must have to hard reboot the server and after that its taking password normally to unlock the server.

What may be the issue ....please help...

What is the new event log error????

Also a full ipconfig /all and a copy of the dcdiag, netdiag logs would be handy.