No announcement yet.

not able to uninstall WSUS 3.0

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not able to uninstall WSUS 3.0

Hi all,

I searched the forum for posts on how to uninstall WSUS 3.0 but things did not work for me.

I was testing WSUS and now I need to uninstall it. When I run the setup for WSUS it tells me to uninstall it. I check WSUS DB - logs and installation files to be removed. As the uninstallation starts it comes up with an error invalid drive e: ...
    There is no drive E on my machine. I only have drive c:. I ggogled it up and came up with a link

This link didnot help me as all the registry keys are pointing to the default drive c. Any suggestions on how I can uninstall it.

In event viewer it shows event id is 11327 and source is msiinstaller.

Thank you in advance.

Re: not able to uninstall WSUS 3.0

I was able to resolve the issue. This is what I did -- open registry >> go to mycomputer\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\u pdate service\server\setup >> on the right side look for Contentdir. In my case it was e:\WSUS. I changed it to c:\WSUS. Ran the setup again and it uninstalled WSUS.

Thank you all

Well done, and thanks for a clear, concise report
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thank you Tom, I got my first rep