Address List Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address List Access

I have created a new address list through the system manager and have created external email addresses for that address list to be displayed.(Exchange 2003)(windows 2003 Server)

My problem is:

I would like to specify a user or group of users to be able to add/delete/edit those external contacts through their own machines with Outlook 2003.

I.E. In Outlook click Tools Address Book, then click File- New, then select Contact and create in the Custom External Address book i have created.

I know i need to delegate control to the user/group however i am unsure which container to select.

In Active Directory i Right click the Folder containing the external contacts then delegate Control.
    Add a user, then select common tasks.

I then tried logging in as that user but i wont allow me to create/modify/delete any contacts in the Address book i have created.

Please help.

Re: Address List Access

Please review the gif file
    Attached Files
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Thank you for the Reply, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.

Any other ideas?

I went into AD and right clicked the OU containing all the external Contacts.
      Went into properties and the Manage By Tab.
      Added myself to manage this.

Logged into a client PC with my username/password
      Opened up Outlook 2003
      Clicked on Tools Address book.
      Clicked on New Contact.
      Selected External Address Book to place the contact in.

Comes up You cannot create Entries for this address Book

Comment

Originally posted by morjo
        I went into AD and right clicked the OU containing all the external Contacts.
        Went into properties and the Manage By Tab.
        Added myself to manage this.
        Heheh. This does nothing. It's just there to record who is responsible, it does'nt allow you do do anything.

You need to right-click the OU, then Delegate Control and follow the wizard.

Note: I don't think this will allow you to add contacts from outlook. you will probably need to create the contact first (using ADU&C or a custom MMC, or a script/whatever), and only then modify the list from Outlook.

Comment

Working...
        X