Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

Hi everyone
    Came across this problem where we had to change the harddisk and reinstall all the applications back again.
    Had some mapped drives on a remote client connected via wan links to this server also this machine is on a different network and the server is on a different network but they can ping each other because they are in an routed environment.
    The problem now is that the mapped drives that were created on the machine cannot be accessed and it generates the following error message "the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to" .The server is a windows 2003 server what is causing this to generate this error guess i have stopped some services or have applied some local security policies,also note that there are few local users who are accessing the server locally through the same mapped drives on the server.
    Need assistance as soon as possible thanks a ton.

Re: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

Is there a 2-way trust set-up between the two domains? if not I take it your using an account from the domain where the member server is situated?

Check to make sure the account is definately not locked out!
    are you specifcying the domain when mapping the drive i.e. domain\account_name

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

Originally posted by m80arm
      Is there a 2-way trust set-up between the two domains? if not I take it your using an account from the domain where the member server is situated?

Check to make sure the account is definately not locked out!
      are you specifcying the domain when mapping the drive i.e. domain\account_name

Michael
      No there aint any domains configured its just a server having some folders which we have to map for oracle access anyways the problem has been sorted out the username was set to locked under loca users thereby denying access.thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
      X