Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 to 2003 Upgrade, moving active directory objects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 to 2003 Upgrade, moving active directory objects?

Hi There.

Currently we are running a 2000 server domain with AD. I have all my users and computers set up already in the 2000 domain and would like to try and find out if there is an easy way to move all of that information across to a new 2003 server that i will be using to create a 2003 domain with. I have already set up AD on the 2003 server now i just need to import all the information before i decommission the 2000 domain controller.

Any friendly assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: 2000 to 2003 Upgrade, moving active directory objects?

ADTM (Active Directory migration Tool) will do the trick. It also allows you to test the migration before you actually perform it. Loads of additional options as well such as migrating passwords

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks. will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Ahh ok. With this tool though i can only Migrate from a domain to a domain. But i am recreating our network all over again and don;t have the other server on the network as it will give me hassles. The other server has the same domain so i want to pull all information across and then decomission the old 2000 AD.

Is there a tool that can extract the acounts and computers and stuff from AD so that i can import it into the other AD?

Comment

Why not create an additional DC within the existing domain. Allow replication to occur then decommision the old 2000 server.

This will then copy all the AD information accross to the new server.

Comment

Working...
          X