X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual memory Problem

Hi All,

Please refer the attachment.

It shows the PF usage in our mail server.

The page file size is set to 2046Mb (Initial) and 4092Mb (Max)

How much do I need to increase it?

Whats the optimum size?
    Attached Files

Re: Virtual memory Problem

Additional information on the available freespace in the HDD
    Attached Files

Comment

I usually set my pagefile to 1.5 time the amount of memory installed as both the Initial and Maximum size.

Comment

i usually leave it as "system managed" unless there's a particularly good reason.

What is this server doing? What roles and applications are installed. how much physical memory does it have ?

It's not necessarily a problem that 16GB is being used like that.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

bhnizam79,

Tehcamel is correct, setting pages won't really mean a thing if you are unaware of what this server does and believe you know what processes and services it is running.

Check the roles of this server and check the TM of this server and check which service/s is utilizing resources in this server.

Can you provide us more detailed info to help you isolate the problem.

Ciao.

Comment

It's running as a mail server as mentioned in the first post.

Whether this is all it does is another question.

Comment

exchange will grab as much memory as it can - it's normal on the exchange servers i've seen for it to be "using" near max physical memory.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                exchange will grab as much memory as it can - it's normal on the exchange servers i've seen for it to be "using" near max physical memory.
                And is the reason why, in my opinion, the pagefile usage is what it is.

16GB of Physical memory with a 2-4GB pagefile on an exchnage server is not enough, again all in my opinion and others may disagree.

If it were my server i'd be making my initial and max size the same and setting them to at least the same amount as the physical memory but i'd prefer to set it to 1.5 times so it should be 24GB for both.

Not knowing what version of exchamge is installed have a trawl through this Google search and pick one tha matches your needs

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=se...c9f71443fbec84

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                  And is the reason why, in my opinion, the pagefile usage is what it is.

16GB of Physical memory with a 2-4GB pagefile on an exchnage server is not enough, again all in my opinion and others may disagree.

If it were my server i'd be making my initial and max size the same and setting them to at least the same amount as the physical memory but i'd prefer to set it to 1.5 times so it should be 24GB for both.

Not knowing what version of exchamge is installed have a trawl through this Google search and pick one tha matches your needs

Thanks guys

I have changed the PF size to 16Gb.

Comment

Working...
                  X