Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell 1950 Win Server 2003 Access Problem

Hi,

I have Dell Poweredge 1950 as primary domain controller. I have disabled usb ports and CD Rom from windows device manager. I have access it remotly via Rdp. Now couple of days back i am no longer access it remotly nor physically as all usb ports are disabled.

Is there a way to get into windows to enable the ports again

Best regards

Re: Dell 1950 Win Server 2003 Access Problem

Any idea what happened to cut off remote access?
    You could try remotely connecting to system management from another server and re-enabling the disables devices

And think on why disabling such access is a BAD idea!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

doesn't a 1950 have PS2 ports ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        doesn't a 1950 have PS2 ports ?
        Nope. Well mine doesn't anyway lol.

I can't see how RDP would be affected by disbaling the USB ports on the server.

Can you get physical access to the server and check if RDP is enabled???

Does anyone else have access to the server that could have changed it???

Comment

can you still not RDP after restarting the server ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X