Application Error to Performance Data denied to IUSR_

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Error to Performance Data denied to IUSR_

I have a 2000 Server that has been getting this error about every 3 minutes. The entire error description is:

"Access to performance data was denied to IUSR_DNX5431 as attempted from C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe"

I assume, but am not sure, that this built-in account needs to access the performance logs. Since there's no security tab there, on the logs, I don't know where I need to give this account permission, or even how to add a local account like this since they don't show up in in the 'Add User' dialogs.

Re: Application Error to Performance Data denied to IUSR_

Originally posted by starrouter View Post
    I have a 2000 Server that has been getting this error about every 3 minutes. The entire error description is:

"Access to performance data was denied to IUSR_DNX5431 as attempted from C:\winnt\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe"

I assume, but am not sure, that this built-in account needs to access the performance logs. Since there's no security tab there, on the logs, I don't know where I need to give this account permission, or even how to add a local account like this since they don't show up in in the 'Add User' dialogs.
    Ok, there's no local accts on domain controllers, my mistake. I added the user IUSR_DNX5431 to the Administrators group, but am still getting the event every few minutes. This server is running IIS with a small in-house website, and Symantec which also uses IIS.

Comment

Ok - the answer was to set the slider adjustment to the minimum value on the performance monitoring tab of the default website / properties.

Comment

Thanks for posting back and sharing your solutio with the rest of the Community. Much appreciated!!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X