Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous Access not allowed. NTLM Required without reason

Hello everyone

I have this strange behaviour in IIS 6.0 and this is the first time it occours to me: even though I configured Anonymous Access for my intranet website, and removed Integrated auth check, when I try to access to the webpage I get an access denied (401.1). The fact is strange because
    1) NTFS permissions are OK (everyone = RX)
    2) WEB permissions are OK (read, directory browsing and scripts access granted)

If I grant also NTLM, using a sniffer I can see an access denied over anonymous and the request for NTLM negotiation. Then NTLM goes ok and I can see the page...... but I need this page to be accessed anonymously

I guess there must be some kind of policy that requires NTLM and denies anonymous, But I really don't know where to look for... I've checked classic local security policies and user rights with security options, but I didn't find anything useful

Does anyone here have had the same problem before?
    Max

Re: Anonymous Access not allowed. NTLM Required without reason

What accounts are listed for the folder on the security tab within Explorer?

I'm guessing that the IUSR_MACHINENAME account doesn't have the proper privileges.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry but I don't think this is the problem.
      Initially the file was in the default wwwroot folder with default permissions.
      then I created c:\newsite folder and I gave IUSR_WEBSRV = RX... then, just to be sure that the problem was not in ntfs, I changed to EVERYONE = RX... and as you know... everyone includes the internet guest account...

I think the problem is regarding some user rights that may have been assigned to the machine with an .inf template... and these rights in some way forbid use of anonymous (or blank passwords... or something like that)
      Max

Comment

Create a new website. Does it do the same thing?

If not the permissions are the issue. Check the ones for the new site and replicate the permissions you see in the new site to the existing one.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

...ehm... I'm not a newbie
          believe me!
          that was one of the first thing I've done. same behaviour.

if i try to publish that site in another server, it goes ok.

the problem is that, this web server was installed by another person... and I'm trying to find the INF file passed with secedit. I'm sure that that file modified some registry key in way that Anonymous access is not allowed... or in a way that requires NTLM... I have no other explanation to this behaviour...
          Max

Comment

Working...
          X