No announcement yet.

Remove & Reinstall DNS in 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove & Reinstall DNS in 2003

Sir, i have a domain named and a web site is running in that server. resently the ip address of our local netwok changed and i think that the DNS should be removed and reinstalled. please guide me. my old ip was, gateway is and new ip is and gateway is but DNS are same.

Re: Remove & Reinstall DNS in 2003

Why do you think DNS needs removing?
    Assuming it is AD integrated, all you need to do is change the IP address of the server then run IPCONFIG/REGISTERDNS
    Repeat for all other servers with static IP addresses
    Also change DHCP scope and then repair network on clients
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Remove & Reinstall DNS in 2003

If you do need to reinstall DNS, Daniel has an article on this site about installing and configuring DNS in Windows Server 2003. It will show you where to go to install DNS, which is also where to go to uninstall it first.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.