Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Standard to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Standard to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

I am having a server Windows Server 2003 Standard edition with 4 GB RAM installed. I am planning to upgrade it to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise edition to upgrade the RAM on the server.

I have got the Enterprise edition license key. Please suggest me what is the precaution to be taken before the upgrade?

Re: Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Standard to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Backup data and OS first, so you can revert if needed
    Use an anti-static strap to ground yourself before doing the RAM upgrade
    Be aware there may be sharp metal edges inside the case
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Upgrade Windows Server 2003 Standard to Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

Schedule an outage longer than what you will need if things to right, so that you're covered if things go wrong. Overnight or over a weekend for instance.

Shut down before installing new memory
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X