Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Users Install Flash Updates

Hi all,

Our users require Google earth, but they are unable to install Adobe Flash updates as they are standard users, So whenever Google is updated, I have to log in as administrator and update flash.

Is there a way I can allow standard users to be able to update Flash?

Many thanks,

Re: Standard Users Install Flash Updates

Can you roll out the update via group policy?

Alternatively look into "user rights"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi! Ossian is right.

Use GPO for that.

There is a MSI package of Adobe Flash for IE or FireFox.

Here is a link for IE:

LINK REMOVED BY MOD

But, if you download the players and distribute them in your corporate network you must get license from Adobe.

LINK REMOVED BY MOD

License is free and you'll get it in about 30 minutes via email.
      Last edited by Ossian; 28th March 2011, 12:14.

Comment

Kojo, I believe the link you have posted to the MSI file is one which you would have received in an email from Adobe.

This email clearly states that you must not distribute the link to others.

May I suggest you edit your above post to remove this link. As you state, obtaining a license is quick and easy to do, so
        the OP will easily be able to license the software for himself.

Originally posted by Adobe
        You may not share the above link, share information with others, or publish the above link on websites, blogs, or by any other means that can be publicly accessed. The information contained on this site is meant for your use only in accordance with Adobe Flash Player Distribution License Agreement you accepted. You may direct others to http://www.adobe.com/products/player...ribution1.html to request distribution rights.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

No need...
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks GFORCE...

Comment

Working...
            X