Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Quota problem

server 2003 which I inherited from the last SysAdmin with a weird problem:

on one of the drive the disk quota option was enabled, but I can't see all the users, instead I see [account information unavailable].

any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Disk Quota problem

Probably a user that has been removed from the domain, or a user from a trusted domain from which the trust has been deleted.

Comment

I wish this was the situation, but I have about 40 of those "account information unavailable" and I know for sure from crossing the data of the folder sizes and the unknown accounts that at least 75% are working and "online" users.
      what I'm trying to figure out is why i see this "account information unavailable" instead of the user name.
      can you pls refer me to some more data about what you wrote? (i.e. "a user from a trusted domain from which the trust has been deleted")

10X

Poly.

Comment

The problems is that the user accounts cannot be resolved. That may happen in the users belong to another domain. If there is no trust with that domain, the server cannot translate the binary identifiers on the system (SIDs) to usernames.

Another possible cause is a nameresolution problem: the server cannot reliably find a DC. However, that would cause other trouble as well.

Comment

10X, but none of these ideas are my situation.

I'll keep searching for it.

Comment

Any scecli errors in the event viewer?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryLHines
              Any scecli errors in the event viewer?
              no

but it looks good now.
              did some cleaning there, it seems like what i've been told before - most of them are users who are not around anymore.
              there are some left that i need to give permissions to other users since the folders are not empty and being used by others, but so far it looks good.

10X a lot !

Comment

Working...
              X