• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to prevent copy specific extension

How can i protect file by prevent copy to other location
    or any folder under specific folder to other location out the server

Re: how to prevent copy specific extension

This would not be possible in Server 2003 except through the use of Digital Rights Management (which would only apply to some Office documents). In general, if a user has permission to open a file, they can copy it. DRM (available in 2003R2) can help prevent this, but even then, copying will probably work.

There may be 3rd party apps which help you out.

Can you give the background so we can make more informed recommendations?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i have sql 2005... i am going to prevent copy the backup sql data files out of server

or if there any way to prevent user from take sql backup, except spesific user
      Last edited by bustanji83; 15th March 2011, 10:20.

Comment

SQL permissions and NTFS permissions to deny unauthorised users all access to the server and relevant directories.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X