Time issue server/clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time issue server/clients

Hello. We have a time variation between the pc's and our dc's our time server is set in dhcp to dc01, dc01 shows the right time, and so does dc02, all other member servers show the time as 3 minutes wrong.
    ive ran net time and they all point to dc01 for their time
    on the member servers and clients i tried NET TIME \\<MACHINENAME> /SET /Y
    this will temporarily set the correct time from dc01 then the time reverts to 3 minutes wrong again.
    ive also tried
    w32tm /resync
    w32tm /config /update
    all the time zones on the server are set to the same, day light savings is checked.
    all clients in the company and member servers are 3 mins wrong on their time, just the 2 dc's have the correct time, any ideas what could be causing this?
    thanks.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: Time issue server/clients

ive fixed it, dchp option 004 was pointing to some old server, i updated that to dc01 and then did NET TIME \\<MACHINENAME> /SET /Yand the clients and stuff now show the right time.

had to set it on the scope options for individual dhcp scope lower than the server level scope options.
    Last edited by uk_network; 15th March 2011, 01:40.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting back
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

i checked today and all clocks are still 3 mins out on pc's

MCITP -W7,

Comment

What about the PDC emulator -- is that correct, and where is it getting its time from?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when i ran net time /querysntp on the time server i found it was pointing to the old resource to get its time info.
            how would i update that?
            am i right in doing net time /setsntp:<time server ip>
            to update the time server to its self.

---------------

i did this command and now our time server is set to dc01, how ever the clients are all still 3 minutes out.
            the pdc is dc02
            Last edited by uk_network; 15th March 2011, 12:35.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Have you reviewed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042 and http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archi...s-domain.aspx?

PDC emulator should be the authoritative time server
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Working...
              X