Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my clipboard works between Terminal server session and my desktop ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my clipboard works between Terminal server session and my desktop ?

Hi,

I'm having very weird problem in my TS RDP connection,

I can copy and paste from my TS RDP out into my desktop (from any program into any program in my home workstation)

but somehow I cannot copy paste from my desktop into my TS RDP (from any program at all - it always remember the old content of the clipboard) ?

this is going through RDP session over Juniper SSL VPN into the Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server but obviously this is the same TS RDP application that is provided by Windows.

any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: How can I make my clipboard works between Terminal server session and my desktop

Open up MSTSC and click on the Options Button.

Go to Local Resources and ensure that Clipboard is checked.

Works for me everytime.

Comment

Re: How can I make my clipboard works between Terminal server session and my desktop

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Open up MSTSC and click on the Options Button.

Go to Local Resources and ensure that Clipboard is checked.

Works for me everytime.
      many thanks for the reply mate, however I found out that is not possible since i can only click a link from the Juniper SSL VPN through HTTPS website.

Comment

Does it use Java or Active X to start the session???

We have a SonicWALL SSL VPN box and i've never had an issue connecting to an RDP session and using clipboard items. I always set mine to use the Java applet though as the Active X control is more limited.

If i get a chance i will test using both.

Comment

Does it use Java or Active X to start the session???

We have a SonicWALL SSL VPN box and i've never had an issue connecting to an RDP session and using clipboard items. I always set mine to use the Java applet though as the Active X control is more limited.

If i get a chance i will test using both.
          I'm using the ActiveX as it must run under Internet Explorer.

Comment

I've just had a dig around the settings for the Active X on our system and it doesn't give you the option to copy the clipboard data between your session and the remote session.

If you can try and use the Java applet which will allow you to copy your clipboard.

Comment

I've just had a dig around the settings for the Active X on our system and it doesn't give you the option to copy the clipboard data between your session and the remote session.

If you can try and use the Java applet which will allow you to copy your clipboard.
              ahh in my case with Juniper VPN i can only paste out but not into the VPN ?

Thanks for the pointer let me find some more info about it.

Comment

Working...
              X