Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

win 2003 ent. as an ADC to win 2000 server ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 2003 ent. as an ADC to win 2000 server ?

what if i make windows 2003 enterprise edition as my AdC to my main Domain controller windows 2000 server ? will it work fine ? has anyone had any problems with it ?? compatibility issues etc ???

Re: win 2003 ent. as an ADC to win 2000 server ?

What is an AdC??? Please explain what you want to do in full detail. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Additional domain controller.. it means when my primary domain controller fails, then Additional domain controller takes over and the work in the office goes on smoothly

Comment

You shouldn't have any problems adding a new Server 2003 computer to your exisiting Windows 2000 network.

The only thing you will need to do is update the schema master and the infrastructure master prior to adding the new DC.

This article helps

What do I need to do to prepare my Windows 2000 forest for the installation of the first Windows Server 2003 DC?

And this one for installing AD on a 2003 server.

How do I install Active Directory on my Windows Server 2003 server?

And this one to ensure that your Exchange 2000 setup works in your new 2003 AD

What do I need to do to make sure Exchange 2000 runs fine on my Windows Server 2003 forest?

Read all these articles and you will be fine.

Thanks to Daniel for all of these.

Comment

i am sorry i forgot to mention that i have exchange 5.5, what are the issues connected with ex. 5.5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by deceptionboy
            i am sorry i forgot to mention that i have exchange 5.5, what are the issues connected with ex. 5.5 ?

I've never had this so ireally don't know.

Would it not be possible to upgrade to Exchange 2003 as i'm presuming you will eventually go the Server 2003 route??

Comment

yes, we do have plans for it but, at a latter stage..

Comment

Working...
              X