Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 2003 not R2 iso image

Hello folks,
    for one of our customers we bought a license for windows server 2003 (not R2!) in easy open licensing.
    After receiving license keys for 2008R2, 2008 and 2003R2 from Microsoft, we requested the downgrade to windows server 2003 not R2.
    Microsoft gave us a valid windows server 2003 license key, but cannot give us a cd image for windows server standard 2003 not R2 volume license. (the operator said microsoft cannot give media box for not supported products)

Does someone own a cdrom or iso image of windows server 2003 standard not R2 in volume license (english version)? If any, could you please upload the ISO image somewhere?

thanks so much,
    best regards

Stefano

Re: windows 2003 not R2 iso image

Dodgy ground here...
    Your best bet would be to get a technet plus subscription which includes 2003 iso images
    Alternatively, since MS have given you the license, just use R2
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Our customer requires windows 2003 not R2 because his software unfortunately does not work under w 2003R2 ((

(yes, that homemade software sucks )

thanks,
      bye
      stefano

Comment

IMO you're approaching this from the wrong angle. Make the software work with something more modern that is not end of life. The risk of running homebrew software on an unsupported OS is too high, and I assume seeing as you are even attempting this that the software is business critical.

Two suggestions though. One, have you tried compatibility mode? I haven't used it in 2008 but it is there - the Windows 7 compatibility modes work with most things so it's worth a try. Secondly, if you do proceed with 2003 I'd suggest running Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V and virtualizing the 2003 server. With Server 2008 Standard you are licensed for one virtualized copy of the OS so there's no extra cost.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I can try to make the software work,
          but the problem is that the customer wants that specific version of windows, and we should try to give him.

bye

Comment

Push Microsoft for a copy (or search e**y) but no-one here will recommend sites holding illegal copies (regardless of the fact you hold a legitimate license!

Technet Plus will definitely solve the problem -- but costs
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Microsoft cannot send me a copy.
              I'm not asking for sites with illegal copies. I'm asking if someone has a iso image of windows 2003 server std in volume license and can upload it somewhere.
              I already obtained a valid license from microsoft. Nothing illegal...

thanks,
              bye

Comment

Working...
              X