File Rellication Service Error 13508

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Rellication Service Error 13508

can't get this error to stop coming up in event viewer. dns looks OK, but am I missing anything? the netlogon share is not being created and i think its due to this error. HELP! I can Ping it, resolve the names etc. is this problem on my Primary DC? On googling this might be a probem with the windows firewall

Open ports on the firewall
    MS Sql
    dns
    udp_389_ldap
    Tcp 3268_Ldap_gc
    Tcp_135
    ntp

-----------------------

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: NtFrs
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 13508
    Date: 2/16/2006
    Time: 7:13:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YODA
    Description:
    The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local to YODA for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

can't get this error to stop coming up in event viewer. just built a new DC to be a backup netlogon for my primary DC. DNS looks OK, but am I missing anytning? the netlogon share is not being created and i think its due to this error. HELP! I can Ping it, resolve the names etc. is this problem on my Primary DC?

THe steps below seem not to help at all.
    -----------------------

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: NtFrs
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 13508
    Date: 2/16/2006
    Time: 7:13:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: Computer
    Description:
    The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local to computer for c:\windows\sysvol\domain using the DNS name \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on \\SERVER0.DOMAIN.local.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

Re: File Rellication Service Error 13508

Hi,

As you have probably come accross in your searches, that event is logged when the FRS service is not able to complete a RPC connection.
    If you have checked the FRS service is running ok on both machines, then you can focus on the RPC. Since you are saying you can ping the machine, we can rule out networking issues. I'd say it's more likely to be a firewall issue. Can you try to disable the firewall on both ends and restart the FRS service to make sure it is that?
    I know you have allowed traffic on port 135 (Which RPC endpoint mapper uses) but you'd still need a bunch of other dynamic ports for the connection to complete, unless you restrict the RPC traffic to a specific port (Google for the procedure) in which case you allow traffic through that port.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: File Rellication Service Error 13508

Hello

Thanks for replying I have open up ports 3389,135,389. Now on the pdc server we have lost the DNS? On the dns console it has name of computer then on the forward and reverse it ask to add a new zone?

Help

Comment

Working...
      X